Poeple might say that tis is a little achievement, but I deem it as a proud (delayed) achievement of mine.
Previously, I have spent more than 5 yrs with the driving license tucked neatly inside my wallet. I enrolled myself in a driving school approximately 6 yrs ago and I barely had my license extended for the first time in last March, as the driving license in Indonesia will only last for 5 yrs. Last time, I have no other choice to rather than shaking my head vigorously each time when being asked whether I could drive. Wat a waste for me to delay practicing driving for such quite a few years.
Finally, last 3 weeks when I have one of my bff here in Medan, she insisted to get me take the driver's seat and asked me to drive. I gazed at her and felt the need for her to reassure me that I may drive. LOL.. I stepped the gas pedal all the way down, slowly. And it really cracked me up that the petite Honda Jazz treated me quite generously. I cant believe that after so many years of abstaining from driving was not a huge problem for me apparently, I could balance the gas pedal and the clutch pedal without any serious problem. That was called my first time after all this time hiding.
Last Saturday, my 2nd trial was launched ON THE ROAD. I drove on my own (with a colleague's company) from office to downtown. It took us precisely 1 hr to reach downtown and have quite a good amount of honks from other road users. Good thing was I didn't have to alight from the car and get the highway ticket from the machine when I realized that I've stopped the car too far from the machine. All I did was unbuckle my seat belt, open the door and tilt my whole body towards the machine. Geez..
Except for those small constraints I've got during the practices, I'm so much looking forward to place myself as an eligible female driver who is capable in gauging and able to be a loyal driver when any of my bffs back in town anytime :)
Prelude
Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..
19 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment