Prelude

Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..

16 November 2011

Biggest affair during the whole year

I was sitting behind the steer and drove with moderate speed when a string of horrible event dreaded me out last Saturday morning.

It's weekend and I was dressed in leisure attire that morning.
Went through those lanes, which I know so well, and was having a light chit chat with the colleague when the accident happened to me. Few seconds after the traffic light turned green, I tapped the gas pedal and started driving fairly slowly with the speed 20km/h. Never cross to my mind that a guy on a bike in front of me suddenly fell off. I ran over his bike and his both legs (I hope I never did it) and only managed to stop about 2 meters after him. We heard a big THUMP, turned the head and saw that fellow was lying on the road side and wincing in pain. I was in terrific dread and didn't have any idea of what to do. I still able to recall vividly that the throngs of people from the vicinity burst out and carried the fellow to another side of the road.

Call me lucky, I met bunch of kind souls during the accident. There were 2 local guys who helped to carry the fellow in the car and send him to the nearest hospital. Dispute between me and the fellow's family was unavoidable. They insisted on why I didn't tap the brake pedal instantly. Things have happened and I truly regret that I was tardy sending the signal to the brain and was not able to stop the wheel at once. But the distance between my car and the bike was just way too close. Sigh..

First aid was done, 13 stitches on his upper back hip. I have no idea how he get himself injured on that part. Did I run over his hip as well?
CT scan was finally performed based on his family's request after batches of arguments and the result showed nothing abnormal. The family plead for my responsible to bear all the hospital expenses including the CT scan. The case was finally closed the day after and I have learnt a very expensive lesson from all of this. Feel deeply grateful that the things end up turning good in the end.

0 comments: