Prelude

Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..

03 June 2011

Exploring Lake Toba and Samosir Island

2 days after the outbound trip in Brastagi, I was on a long road trip to Lake Toba (again).
Fen's friend was coming all the way from Tokyo, so there's me and the other pals partook to join this trip.
We headed off to Parapat city from Medan at ard 7.30am. Gosh! I was not fully awakened yet until I found out that conversing with the Japanese guy was not dull at all :)
3 hrs ride and we were greeted by the drizzling rain in Siantar city which is an hour away from Lake Toba. We decided to sojourn at this well-known noodle stall to beat our hunger pangs before continuing the journey and the Japan friend squealed in delight "oishii"!!! LOL.. He is not a food picky person, he uttered oishii many times. He raved about the noodle and sipped the soup with gusto. Even more to our surprise, he gulped down all the chili pieces. Nothing left, the bowl was spick and span!
Another an hour, we finally got to see the Lake Toba in distance. We haven't reach the intended place yet, but we could have an amazing view of the lake through the window. It appeared much larger and much broader than what I was thinking in my mind. That explained how I could see it through the window. It was not our first time being there, but still we were impressed by it's beautifulness. It made the japan friend again squealed with glee "sugoii!!!" We got on a half an hour ferry ride to Samosir Island, the largest island within an island. Due to failed to embark on a large ferry which could accommodate cars, we could only left the car at the city. Our dandy friend who drove us there is knowledgeable about the history of the city, he led us to visit many historical spots in Samosir. Stopped over the kings tombs, one of the many historical spots. There was a narrator telling us the story of the history and culture of the island dwellers in the earlier era. We were obliged to drape the ulos over the shoulder before entering the tombs area. The Japan guy was fascinated enough to listen intently to the narrator, and waiting patiently for our translation in english. He is not too fluent in english, his spoken english is hard to be comprehended either.


For the 2nd time, I was there again in tea plantation. The atmosphere was still the same, the scent of the nature was wonderful and I managed to take some photos of danbo with the large plot of greenery, beautiful!


The last but not the least, we never forgo the tasty nasi galung when on our way back home. The subtle meat of the beef rendang is the most delicacy, I miss it to the max since my last time I chewed on it. For me, the spiciness was not too intense. The most important thing is the Japan friend polished his portion off quickly and again uttered a low sound "Oishii..."


0 comments: