There is a tiny 鸡眼 protruding on my left foot. It causes me no pain at all. So I took it as granted and thought tat it will vanish by itself without any medication. Just did a quick searching on Uncle Google. and here is the respond I got..
Corn (雞眼/callus) is a patch of harden skin formed by the body in response to constant friction or pressure.
Getting rid of the corn physically will not cure the underlying problem. New corns will form again if you do not find out the actual problem. The only way to cure this condition is to relieve the corn from pressure.
From the commentary above, 鸡眼 is formed in response to pressure. But I affirm that I hardly ever put on any training shoes or leather shoes which cover the whole foot. So where did the pressure come from? You may see on the photo where the corn is located. I have been tagging the corn for some time, but never bother to get rid of it. Just last Saturday, mom passed me a small pack of 鸡眼膏 to stick on the affected area. She got it from a traditional chinese pharmacy store. First patch has been removed after 2 days, and it left crust mark on it. I dare not to peel it off. Now I'm having the 2nd band aid with me. If the corn is not insisting to stay, it will detach from the foot and fall off (as what the drugstore attendant told mom).
0 comments:
Post a Comment