CNY atmosphere is still hanging around up there and I hope everyone have a great festive season :)
The festive never undergo changes in our home, the whole family will sit around the dining table and share the great meals together on the 年三十晚. I love the way how the food was prepped by Mom and grandma. Inauspiciously, I was sick and have to encounter 7 times of "toilet visit" on that day. Not sure what kind of junk have I been eaten before. I felt listless and lethargic. The evening was ended with me stranded on bed early. :(
These were some of wat we had for the reunion dinner, apologize for the bad presentation of the food as we ran short of decent plates or bowls :)




Old folks believe that sweeping are prohibited during the 1st day of CNY. So the tradition is fixed and unchanging : "We should do the house cleaning right after the dinner".

My tummy was fully emptied after the toilet-incident the day before, hence I woke up with the growling stomach on the 1st day of CNY.
We have not many relatives in the town, my aunties and uncle from dad's side are all residing at overseas. We made phone calls and texts to greet them a prosperous Lunar New Year.

After offering the incense to the paternal grandparents, we headed off to a well known temple in town. We could write down our name and get some whising stickers pasted on lotus candles.I prayed for all my loved ones.


0 comments:
Post a Comment