Prelude

Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..

25 February 2011

拜天公

*Pardon me if I'm still lingering around the CNY post*

Every year, on the 9th day of first month of lunar year, we will give the offering to 天公.
It was said that tat day is (the Hokkienese)'s New Year. Hence, new attires on that very early morning are one of the practises to which we need to adhere.
I remember in the olden days when I was a kid, we will celebrate the Hokkien New Year at Nai Nai's house. All the residents in neighborhood were doing the same. You can see the beautiful array of red tables with diverse of kueh, sweets, baos, fruits, flowers. And we'll serve the roasted baby pork as the main offering. And yet still vividly on my mind, the youngest aunt will bring me to go experience the festivities of the town. All started from 00.00 am.. I miss those moments ultra much now..
Since Nai Nai passed away and the uncle and aunt have their own life in different state, we still carry on the habitude (dun know if I have to use other term for this) every year. But not as rousing as it should have been in the earlier decades...

0 comments: