We were on a seafood resto when the friend responded to a phone call from Stella's number. Yet the person on the other side was not Stella. It was a male's voice. The guy previously asked the friend whether he recognized the number, then he scurried to inform that he has found Stella sagged on the roadside, unconscious, with no helmet on head. He said he was on the way to wheel Stella to the nearest hospital. We were dismayed by the bad news. Not long after the first call, the good hearted guy called again, checking on whether Stella's family had been advised. We were in a seafood resto located in a quite secluded area, far from the hospital. So we got our other friends who were in the vicinity of the hospital told by that generous guy to rush to Stella's house and send her parents to the hospital. The friend texted saying that Stella was not in good shape, her bike was badly damaged. They saw blood stain on the road where Stella was struck down.
I'm not close with Stella, she is just an acquaintance whom I met and spoke to during the water rafting on April last year. The only time I met her in flesh. The most I interact with her is only on social networking, Facebook.
After the dinner, I joined the friend to visit her in hospital. I have bad feeling. She was still in emergency ward. I sauntered to the room, Stella's dad was tightly holding her both hands, worried that she will get panic and randomly unplug the infusion tube. When I saw her, Stella was not fully conscious yet. Left eye was seriously swollen, the lips were cracked and there was blood droplets on her right ear. Her tee was in red color as well, the pillow sheet was stained with dark color blood. She vomitted the dark color blood before we came. Huff... I can see that she was in pain..
At the moment we left yesterday, she was shifted to ICU.
Today, I got the latest update on Stella's condition. She is still in ICU, but she has conscious and showing good progress. Doctor analyzed that there is no blood clot.
Although I am not close with her, but I can see her parents' wistful eyes. I can do nothing rather than praying for her full recovery.
Stella, be strong..
Prelude
Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..
20 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment