Prelude

Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..

27 February 2010

CNY day 9

We partook in the tradition of preparing platters of fresh fruit, buns, ang ku kueh, and other dishes as offerings to the God right approximately at 00.00am tat day (大年初九).

Mom always superb at baking since her young age.

Lil sis was mimicking what she saw at grocery store few days ago and she did it daintily! =)

Ang Ku Kueh a.k.a. red tortoise cakes in Hokkien (bought from the godma).
The skin does not stick to the teeth and gives a good chewy feeling. The fillings are smooth and mixed very well with the skin.I like!

I clashed to the site which offers magnanimous numbers of cupcakes for any occasions before CNY, but the organizer repelled me with the pretext that the orders have overwhelmed her.
Well, I placed the order for the 8th day of CNY.
I texted her in the early morning to make sure tat I will be there at her place to pick the cupcakes up at around 6pm.
In the evening... See see see... the tigger!!! Awww... it is too cute...!!!
But too bad, the taste was a disaster!! The cakes are not any better and smoother than those sold at wet market.
The last 2 pcs were sitting nicely and neatly in trash bin on the next 2 days :(

We managed to click a few good shots during the time left.

0 comments: