I sent a handful of texts to several friends at a time. Me and girl friend summoned a reunion dinner and I was tasked to request the confirmation of presence to this gathering. Only sole of them reciprocated my text and confirmed to join the dinner, the rest of those I've texted didn't ring me up either. The sms was sent 2 days before the agreed day, hence I made some phone calls to those of whom haven't shown up.
The conversation went as follows :
Me : Hello, how are you!
Her : Hi, it's you! Hehee.. I'm doing fine! Anything I can do?
Me : Oor, just wondering whether u got my text?
Her : Oya, I got it.
Me : (trying to act witty) Then?? Why didn't u bother to reply me???
Her : Because I dont want to join! So, I dun think tat I need to squander my bucks on the sms fee!
Me : (getting puzzled with her rapid answer) ......................
I dun expect this kind of reply! Well, let me jot down wat I typed on my sms to her.
"Hi, guys! We are planning to summon you all for a reunion dinner on this coming Thursday. Kindly confirm your attendance. Place and time will be informed later. Thanks."
For me, I need to reply this text no matter I'm going or not. Tis is called ETIQUETTE.
Honestly I was in wrath after hearing her rude answer, but yet I have to act witty (again) to swerve the conversation into other topic. She might fib to make me better. At least she might said tat she was in the middle of doing something when I texted her and actually getting it forgotten.
What a lovely pretext, I will surely trust her!
------------------------------------------------------
Another call to the other girl friend on the next day :
Me : Hi, our friend xxxx is getting married on the next Wednesday. And she invited you to join the banquet. She has limited time to distribute all the invitations, hence your invitation is with me. Feel free to come and collect from me if you have time.
Her : Oor, thanks! But I wont be going. I cant make it as I'll be very hectic on that day.
Me : I see. Ok then. I'll relay to the bride. ;)
And the phone line was disconnected.
Hahahaa.. Very funny! Why doesnt she consider to pack a red packet for the bride??
Tis is also considered as an etiquette breach? Or is she adopting this kind of nonchalant?
Prelude
Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..
22 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
walao, i think i can guess who they are. xxx actually kinda expected tat kind of reply already coz last time she told me, she's not tat close to them anyway so kinda weird actually if invite them. Haiz, but still u need to give some basic etiquette mah. Haiz and haiz
Wi,usually if the bride doesn't call or invite personally, people will feel she/he isn't respected, probably that's the reason she acted like that.
Elle : Exactly! She didn't neither show any apologetic attitude nor wanted me to convey her congrats to the bride. Wahlao..
Shan : In the contrary, for me if I got invitation card without the bride herself ringing me up, I will surely attend. But I will not heed if they onli come to pay me a call in the last minute. If only the bride/groom is my best friend, I will go. An invitation card is to represent the sincerity.
Elle : Btw, whom you suspected to have this kind of reaction? Hahaha..
Post a Comment