Prelude

Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..

22 December 2010

A cuisine trip to Penang

Airport was considered congested tat morning, but still manageable. The queue was not too long, it was a weekday and xmas eve is still far apart. Pocketed the boarding pass in another 20 mins after our arrival in airport.
Auspiciously, the lurking time was not long. Ultimately we boarded to the plane at 10.20am.
I was not getting myself upgraded to a particular seat previously. And good point was I was seated on the aisle. I vouch I wont be bothered with toilet breaks during the 45 mins flight. So, it doesnt matter on where I was seated, as long as I was not positioned in the middle.
Reaching Penang International Airport with no tardiness. Collected the luggages, found a cafe to sit the butt down and waiting for Sher to come.
We can say that Sher is the landlord of Penang city. We were accommodated in her lodge, a strategic location towards the neighboring makan places and mall.
Her family patronize the same taxi every time they visit Penang. And so did we, deserved the privileges as well. Being driven from the airport, made a sojourn to a pharmacy by then went back to the apartment. I tagged along pretty much pills from the store. The high blood pressure pills and teeth glue for dad, my everyday consumed Vit E is on the list too. I spent my first Ringgit denomination on pills and medicine. Medicine, vitamin pills and other health supplements are obviously a lot cheaper there than in my town.

After settling the bill in the pharmacy, we rushed for our first good food intake of the day!
Penang Road's Penang Laksa and Penang char kway teow. Not forgetting the ice cendol as well. The kopitiam was super packed at that hour, humans were all squeezing into that small and stuffy kopitiam. It is a very old eatery that has different kinds of food to tantalize the visitors taste buds. But the food is damn good!
After the not-so-hefty meal, we went back to the apartment to rest the body and visited the toilet bowl. In the 5pm plus afternoon, we started to embark on our next makan place.
Gurney Drive! Yayy!
Gurney drive is only a stone's throw away from the apartment. How nice the weather was congenial!
We arrived! The throngs were scattered in different stalls around the wide path. We have listed many die-die-must-eat stuffs there. Here we go to hunt for those food!
Fried Oyster's stall not operating until very late. The second evening we were there, we noticed tat the uncle already cleaned the frying pan and no queue was formed at all. Sad.
I have been whining about Lok Lok since the very first time I purchased the ticket.
My very favorite hawker snack! Yummmzzz..
It's the end of the journey - day 1.

0 comments: