+622130029xxx was the number that I have seen on my mobile's screen before I have the chance to google out who the hell is the caller. Since I'm working on my scope, I'm ruled out to reject those unknown numbers at working hours. I communicate with bundle of people every single day, so my number is profusely not the private number. I need those who are related to my scope to reciprocate feedback.
With no apprehension, I picked up my phone.
There was a male's voice. He addressed himself as Citibank's customer service, he spoke in bland tone at first. I was earnestly assured that he was a real citibank's officer. As what he said, he brought along a good news for me. I was the chosen customer for this season. Citibank grant me a loan with no collateral and with zero percentage of interest. I told him that I'm not in the position to deal with bank loan at all, and I don't need bank loan (at least until now). And I'll pay him a call if I need it one day. He kept assuring me that things will work out by itself. Citibank will automatically deposit the cash to my account on that very moment. I let him finish his explanation.
After the long elaboration of his new product, I was asked to recite my credit card number. WTF?!!???
I retorted in low tone : "You are the bank's officer, u'r the one supposed to recite my credit card's number, not me. I'm perfectly sure that u have my complete details. Aren't you?"
He replied in ease : "No, Miss. We are not allowed to recite your number first. We are on the position to confirm instead of asking your confirmation."
I have not much time to tarry any longer : "Well, I'm so sorry if so. I'm not sure if u are Citibank's officer. Remember, I'll report this scam to the local newspaper !!"
Prelude
Welcome to my small world of simple me.. Am goin to share every single moment tat deserved to commemorate..
26 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment